I Love Snow Days...
- It's so beautiful to wake up to a snow covered world.
- The earth is blanketed with this lovely pristine whiteness and looks so clean and fresh.
- I can sleep in, stay in my PJs all morning long.
- It's a free reading day! It's time I can use to read my own personal interest and entertainment reading.
- I can play catch up with my writing, reading, lesson plans, data analysis, whatever.
- It's a quiet day in with my daughter. Not so many of those left since she is going off to college next year.
- Time to needlepoint!
- I can catch up on my laundry. (Assuming I went to the grocery and picked up some laundry detergent! Duh!)
I hate Snow Days...
- I can't get out of the house. Trust me, you don't get out on the streets in Memphis when they are a solid sheet of ice. No one here knows how to drive on the stuff.
- I hate cold weather and it is way too cold outside today.
- I can't get out to do my walking. I am too much of a klutz to try walking on that stuff.
- The kitchen is way toooo convenient. I have no will power to avoid food when I'm stuck in the house. Not good.
- I miss my students.
- It may mean we have to make up snow days at work if we miss too many days. That messes with my summer PD and vacation plans.